FCC Suspending Operations During Government Shutdown
As of January 3, 2019, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has suspended most operations due to the Federal Government shutdown. The following services will not be available from the FCC until the Government reopens:
- National Do Not Call Registry (For consumers)
- National Do Not Call Registry (For telemarketers)
- Consumer Sentinel Network (For law enforcement)
- Complaint Assistant (For filing consumer complaints)
- Identitytheft.gov (For consumers reporting ID theft)
- Econsumer.gov (For consumers reporting international complaints)
Public comments may be submitted, and consumers may submit documents to be filed, but the FTC will not take action until the Government reopens. This also applies to FOIA requests.
For further information, the FCC has released its Plan for Orderly Shutdown Due to Lapse of Congressional Appropriations.