Senior Java Programmer
Location: Boston, MA
Boston based company is looking for Sr. Java Programmer that has a strong background working with and supporting custom databases, supporting web portals, and telecommunication applications. Candidates will be involved in all phases of the database development lifecycle; including development, testing and ongoing support. The ideal candidate for this position is one who can join the development team, get ramped up quickly, and make a positive impact on the business right away. As a Sr. Java programmer, you must have at least 7+ years of experience creating Java server pages interacting with data access objects.
- Coordinates complex information system developments or revisions and implements technical functions in the Apache environment to achieve the desired result in the system or system enhancement.
- Follows approved life-cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and performs program coding and testing.
- Develops Java Server Pages (JSP), Data Access Objects, and batch processing procedures.
- Reviews the development and coding of Java programs and systems. Ensures appropriate documentation is utilized in information systems projects.
- Develops complex program documentation using structure diagrams, behavior diagrams and interaction diagrams, system and program flowcharts, test plans and conversion plans.
- Design and implement software applications from design specs to completion using software methodologies.
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of an application development team; create structured code for integration into larger systems, document work for maintenance in a production environment, create task lists, timelines and deliverables, work to meet project schedules determined by others.
- BA/BS required, preferably in a technical field.
- Minimum 7+ years of experience developing n Java development for large, web-based applications.
- Extensive knowledge of the methods, procedures and techniques of conducting studies for system conversions and enhancements, including the use of structure, behavior, and interaction diagrams in the analysis and design of web-based systems.
- Experience working with Java EE framework technologies such as Struts, Spring, Spring Batch or other Java supported frameworks.
- Demonstrate ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to develop systematic testing plans for problem resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work independently.
- Experience working to deadlines
- Willingness and ability to learn and apply new technologies
In addition to the specific skills listed above, Gryphon also seeks someone with the qualities listed below:
- Exceptional work ethic and strong values – takes all opportunities to go above and beyond the basic expectations
- Detail-oriented: an attention to detail for tasks with zero tolerance for errors or carelessness
- A self-motivated person who can work under stress and meet deadlines
- An absolute obligation to customer services
- A positive attitude and open mind that approaches problems from all angles
The Senior Java Programmer will work under the guidance of Gryphon’s Database Architect. Gryphon fosters a strong team environment, and the successful candidate is expected to embrace this culture.
Why Work at Gryphon
- Highly entrepreneurial, high-growth culture within stability of 20-year market leader
- Great location in the heart of Boston’s Financial District
- 100% medical and dental coverage
- Flexible vacation
- Company organized volunteer days with HomeBase
- Frequent company and team outings
- Competitive Environment
- Special incentives and bonus eligibility for top performers
- Parental leave program
- New employee referral bonuses
- Unlimited coffee, fruit, and snacks
Gryphon Networks is the leading provider of cloud sales intelligence and marketing compliance solutions to highly distributed sales and marketing teams. The company increases sales and marketing performance by providing managers with dashboard reporting, cloud call recording and speech analytics for any agent calling from any device while simultaneously ensuring that its customers maintain guaranteed compliance with complex consumer contact regulations. Clients include 8 of the top US insurers and half of the top banks, as well as Fortune 500 companies in industries such as healthcare, consumer goods, automotive, hospitality and retail. Gryphon is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. https://gryphonnetworks.com/