Technical Writer (Downtown Boston, MA, USA)
Gryphon is looking for technical writer to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our information architecture. The technical writer is responsible for supporting all aspects of the Software Development lifecycle, by working with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and creating and maintaining easy to understand documentation for a wide audience of readers. This includes online help, developer guides, technical design and product specification documents.
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Plan, develop, organize and write a wide variety of documentation, such as system and functional design, architectural drawings, user interface text, online help and developer guides.
- Create tutorials and knowledge base designed to help end-users use a variety of applications.
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
- Create and maintain the information architecture; a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation.
- Manage updates and revisions to technical and functional literature.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred.
- Strong understanding of SDLC and software development.
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation.
- Ability to deliver high-quality documentation paying attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong working knowledge of tools such as Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, Camtasia and Snag it.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work independently.
- Experience working to deadlines.
In addition to the specific skills listed above, Gryphon also seeks someone with the qualities listed below:
- Exceptional work ethic, with strong values and principles – takes all opportunities to go above and beyond the basic expectations.
- Detail-oriented: an attention to detail for tasks.
- A self-motivated individual who can work under stress and meet deadlines.
- A positive attitude and open mind that approaches problems from all angles.
If this position interests you, please submit your resume to email@example.com