Sales Development Manager
Location: Boston, MA
As a Sales Development Manager, you will be a key component of the Gryphon Sales and Marketing organization. The SDR Manager will work with members of the sales team and sales management,to oversee and manage the SDR program; a key means of appointment-setting and lead generation;with a goal to ensure healthy pipeline growth, and constantly identify and pursue new prospects, primarily via telephone outreach. As a part of Gryphon’s management team, you will also work with senior members of the organization who will serve as advisors and mentors to help you grow as a sales leader, identify trends,and generate new business opportunities for the company. You will also be expected to serve as an individual contributor as required to model behavior and help meet monthly and quarterly goals.
Gryphon Networks is a highly entrepreneurial organization with dozens of blue-chip clients and patented, innovative SaaS technology. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, hungry,accountable, career-oriented individual with competitive drive and a desire to develop a career in sales leadership in the one of the hottest technology sectors: Sales Enablement.
As part of our program, our SDRs are trained and encouraged to develop the skill set required to become an Account Executive within the Enterprise SaaS space. Following the successful completion of the Sales Development Program, the SDR will have the opportunity to become an Account Executive if this is the chosen path. The SDR Manager would serve as the first mentor at Gryphon and aid with career development and timelines.
The SDR Manager reports directly to the Director of Sales.
- Recruit, train and optimize a team of SDRs responsible for primarily outbound appts, but to include inbound.
- Hire, coach and manage a team of Sales Development Reps to master skills across sales development including cold calling, go-to-market strategy, understanding security personas, leading discovery calls, and positioning Gryphon solutions.
- Align with sales enablement team to build a curriculum for sales development reps across onboarding, sales trainings, solutions and industry education and role acumen.
- Achieve and exceed target objectives for SDR as a team and as individuals.
- Refine onboarding program to achieve optimum results.
- Manage to metrics and utilization of Gryphon Sales Methodology.
- Manage day to day activities of SDR team including live coaching and mentoring, call statistics, conversions and pipeline build.
- Closely monitor metrics–everything from dials per day, conversion rates to opportunities, hand-off to sales and close rates–with the aim to increase SDR productivity, contribution to pipeline and bookings.
- Work closely with sales managers and account executives to ensure proper alignment on opportunity quality, follow-up on hand off, and Account Executive promotion eligibility.
- Identify and make recommendations for improvements around process, efficiency and productivity of the sales development team.
- Refine SDR to AE training program.
- Ensure seamless hand off of SDRs promoting to AE.
- Mandate and over see usage of tracking systems including Gryphon Sales Intelligence, Salesforce.com, LinkedIn, Zoom, Outlook etc.
- Work closely with marketing leaders to ensure proper quantity and quality of leads each week to hit targets and lead generating marketing campaigns.
- Work with sales leadership to validate success of account/contact lists.
- Help create a fun, positive, highly efficient environment where people love coming to work for the opportunity of extreme success.
- 2+years management experience.
- Experience working with and building inside sales teams or sales development.
- Experience using CRM and/or sales management for activity-based management.
- A deep understanding of sales cyclesand what it takes to uncover qualifiedsales opportunities.
- Proficient understanding of a sales methodology or ability to learn and coach to its principles.
- High energy with a positive attitude.
- Strong work ethic.
- Exceptional interpersonal, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Professional and polished demeanor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with CRM Systems (preferably Salesforce.com).
- Proficient with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience selling SAAS technology in SMB market strongly preferred.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required, business or marketing preferred.
Why Work at Gryphon
- Highly entrepreneurial, high-growth culture within stability of 20-year market leader
- Great location in the heart of Boston’s Financial District
- 100% medical and dental coverage
- Flexible vacation
- Company organized volunteer days with HomeBase
- Frequent company and team outings
- Competitive Environment
- Special incentives and bonus eligibility for top performers
- Parental leave program
- New employee referral bonuses
- Unlimited coffee, fruit, and snacks
Gryphon Networks is the leading provider of cloud sales intelligence and marketing compliance solutions to highly distributed sales and marketing teams. The company increases sales and marketing performance by providing managers with dashboard reporting, cloud call recording and speech analytics for any agent calling from any device while simultaneously ensuring that its customers maintain guaranteed compliance with complex consumer contact regulations. Clients include 8 of the top US insurers and half of the top banks, as well as Fortune 500 companies in industries such as healthcare, consumer goods, automotive, hospitality and retail. Gryphon is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. https://gryphonnetworks.com/
Gryphon is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in joining the Gryphon team, and would like further information concerning career opportunities, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.