Sales Development Representative (SaaS)
For excited, motivated hunters only. Don’t apply if you’re looking to fly under the radar somewhere.
As a Sales Development Representative, you will be a key component of the Gryphon Sales organization. Upon hiring, the SDR will handle telephone, email, and social media-based interaction with prospective Gryphon customers. In this internally based role, you will respond to sales inquiries, prospect for new customers, and work with other members of the sales team to close business. As a part of Gryphon’s enterprise sales team, you will work with senior members of the organization who will serve as mentors to help you develop new leads, identify and generate new sales opportunities, develop pipeline, and close business.
The SDR will develop the skill set required to become an Account Executive within the Enterprise SaaS space. Following the successful completion of the Sales Development Program, the SDR will have the opportunity to become an Account Executive. The SDR and AE roles offer career development paths into Field Sales, Sales Management, Channel Management, and/or Business Development. Gryphon Networks is a highly entrepreneurial organization. With this in mind, the ideal candidate is a highly motivated, hungry, career-oriented individual with competitive drive and a desire to develop a sales career in the technology sector.
The SDR reports directly to the Director of Sales.
- Uncover qualified sales opportunities to be passed to Account Executives and Strategic Account Executives
- Achieve assigned metric targets via various prospecting methods
- Daily usage of the Gryphon Sales Intelligence System
- Answer incoming calls and emails from prospective and current Gryphon customers
- Perform outbound email and telephone prospecting campaigns
- Contact existing customers to obtain referrals
- Contact existing customers to cross-sell complementary products
- Develop verticalized prospecting campaigns
- Respond to inquiries from CEO, CRO, Director of Sales and Sales Operations leadership
- Work with the Marketing Department to supplement strategic outreach campaigns
- Provide management with quarterly activity commitments
- BA/BS required, preferably in business or marketing
- 1-3 years quota-driven inside sales experience (SDR or AE)
- Willing and capable of completing outbound prospecting calls
- Understanding of the sales cycle and what it takes to uncover qualified sales opportunities
- High energy with a positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Demonstrated self-starter mentality
- Work well in a fast-paced team environment
- Exceptional interpersonal, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Professional and polished demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with CRM Systems (preferably Salesforce.com), Office Suite, Prospecting Tools